The Diploma of Permaculture Design is a mentorship and professional excellence program created for continuing education after the Permaculture Design Course. The PDC can be truly life changing and inspiring, and we want to assist students post-PDC in activating themselves in the world while providing a professional credential to work toward.
Diplomas are awarded to individuals who demonstrate commitment to excellence in applying Permaculture Design. Students create their own learning plan, allowing one to apply Permaculture to ones own passions, with the guidance and structure of active mentorship. Students get to work with leading edge teachers who act as dedicated mentors to provide resources, support, feedback, and structure for helping one accomplish the change one wishes to bring to the world through Permaculture.
The Diploma of Permaculture Design is the highest recognition one can receive in the Permaculture field. Additionally, a Diploma of Permaculture Design in Education is required for all lead instructors offering Permaculture Design Courses and signatories of certificates. This ensures quality and authenticity of the education one receives during the PDC. We also highly recommend that all prospective students evaluate courses to be sure that the lead teacher meets this criterion. See the growing list of permaculture diplomats that currently meet this standard.
The Diploma of Permaculture Design signifies that the recipient:
- has achieved professional excellence in their practice,
- has demonstrated commitment to Permaculture ethics and standards of practice,
- has been mentored through a period of study and deep engagement for the minimum of 2 years,
- and has had their final portfolio of work evaluated by Permaculture Institute Diploma Review Board.
For more information on this program please contact the diploma coordinator at the below link.
– See more at: http://www.permaculture.org/nm/index.php/site/professional_practise_pages#sthash.g4w3Z3Y7.dpuf